The Citizenship Program of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) was established in 1984 and requires applicants to make an economic contribution to the country. In exchange, they and their families are granted full citizenship.
To qualify for citizenship, the applicant must select one of the two options:
A. An investment of at least US$400,000 in one of the approved real-estate developments ("qualifying properties") in addition to paying government and due diligence fees, other fees etc.
On top of that US$400,000 amount there should be the following applicable fees on top:
- US$7,500 due diligence/processing fees for main applicant
- US$4,000 due diligence/processing fees for each dependent applicant over 16 years
- US$50,000 for main applicant
- US$25,000 for spouse
- US$25,000 for each child under 18 years
- US$50,000 for dependents over 18 years - other than the spouse
B. A non-refundable contribution (donation) to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) which is a public charity, starting from US$250,000 (for a single applicant). This includes all government fees. Should the applicant select option (B) then the contribution is in the form of an one-time payment, and there are four different categories:
• Category #1. Single applicants, who have to make a US$250,000 non-refundable contribution, US$7,500 due diligence fee, processing fees; also US$4,000 due diligence, processing fee for each applicant over 16 years.
• Category #2. Applicants with up to three dependents i.e. one spouse and 2 children under the age of 18 years, US$300,000 contribution.
• Category #3. Applicants with up to five dependents i.e. one spouse and 4 children under the age of 18 years, US$350,000 contribution
• Category #4. Applicants with up to seven dependents i.e. one spouse and 6 children under the age of 18 years, US$450,000 contribution (*)
(*) Additional contribution for each dependent above seven should be US$50,000, US$4,000 due diligence fee, per dependent aged 16 years or older
- Citizenship for life, including an unlimited number of eligible dependents, passed down to generations (applicants do not require to visit or reside on the island)
- Passports are issued in approximately 90 – 120 days of filing an application
- Tax free income, capital gains, gift, wealth and inheritance tax
- Visa Free Travel to over 130 countries including: Austria, Belgium, United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and most British Commonwealth countries
- Full residency status and the right to work in St. Kitts
- Dual citizenship is permitted and open to all nationalities without the requirement to notify the applicant’s home country as per the law of St. Kitts
- Business haven with a generous tax regime and where the currency is pegged to the US dollar. Additionally, trade with Canada is tax free, while trading in the Caribbean is duty free
- Family security is ensured as the spouse, children and elderly parents also obtain citizenship
- Easy accessibility from London, New York, Miami, Charlotte, Antigua, San Juan and various parts of the world
Please contact us for a detailed cost estimate or confidential consultation. Our associated attorneys are ready to assist you with attaining your investment objectives and answer any questions you might be having about the respective Citizenship by Investment Program.